How to Get Rid of Dry Cracked Heels: 6 Home Remedies to Cure Cracked HeelsCosmetics & Makeup
Cracked heels are a common foot problem that is often referred to as heel fissures. Cracked heels are characterized by excessive dryness around the heels. Cracked heels not only look unattractive, but they can bring much pain. Proper foot care is the key for the prevention of dry cracked heels. If you have dry cracked feet, there are plenty of natural remedies you can try to get rid of them fast. The home remedies given below are found effective to cure cracked heels.
1. Cure Dry Cracked Heels with Cleaning and Moisturizing: It is important to have a daily cleaning and moisturizing routine to prevent and cure dry cracked heels. Severely cracked heels need moisture to avoid pain, bleeding, and infection. For healthy heels, soak your feet everyday in mildly warm salt water for 10 to 15 minutes. Ideally, after soaking your feet, you should scrub them gently with a pumice stone. After scrubbing, apply a good moisturizing foot cream and wear cotton socks throughout the night. This will help moisten the cracks of the heels to help them heal faster.
2. Cure Cracked Heels using Ripe Banana: One of the simple home remedies for cracked heels is application of the pulp of ripe banana. Mash a whole ripe banana thoroughly to form a smooth paste. Apply this paste on the cracked foot for about 10 to 15 minutes. This will help you achieve smooth and toned heels.
3. Rose Water and Glycerin to Cure Cracked Heels: A combination of glycerin and rose water will moisturize and soften feet. Just apply the mixture daily on your cracked heels. Apply this mixture regularly for about 15 days on your feet to get rid of cracked heels.
4. Cure Cracked Heels using Sesame Oil: One of the best home remedies for cracked heels is the application of sesame oil. Just apply the oil and leave it overnight, you will have to do this every day for about 2 to 3 weeks to get rid of the dry cracked heels effectively.
5. Paraffin Wax to Cure Cracked Heels: If your cracks are causing pain, melt paraffin wax, mix well with some coconut oil and then apply this mixture on your dry cracked heels before going to bed. Use an old pair of clean socks to keep this mixture on your heels overnight. Wash it off in the morning. Repeat this method for about 2 to 3 weeks to treat dry cracked heels effectively.
6. Cure Cracked Heels using Papaya: Cut the head-end of an unripe papaya and apply the gel found there over the dry cracked heel. It helps in removing dead cells and makes the feet softer. It could soothe the pain of cracked heels.
The perfect form of treatment for dry cracked heels is to prevent them from occurring in the first place. Making good foot care a habit can save you money and keep your feet soft, smooth, and beautiful. If you are already suffering from dry cracked heels, you can use the above-mentioned home remedies for cracked heels to help ease your suffering and start the healing process.